- Largest town council in the Marina Lucense.
- Important natural resources.
- Mild climate.
- Fertile valley.
- Surroundings of great scenic beauty.
- Proximity to the sea and to sun and beach tourism.
- Outstanding nearby tourist resources:
- Church of San Martín de Mondoñedo.
- Beach of Las Catedrales.
- Tower of Pardo de Cela and Finca Galea.
- Beaches of Foz, Barreiros, Ribadeo...
- Cova do Rei Cintolo, the largest known cave in Galicia with a development of 6,500 metres, of which 4,546 were surveyed.
Excellent quality of life
- Health services.
- Social services.
- Infrastructure and services of a cultural, sporting and leisure nature.
- Employment office.
- Hotels and restaurants.
- Trade and commerce.
- Good road connections via the A-8 Trans-Cantabrian motorway to France, mainly, and its connection with the A-6 Madrid-A Coruña and, by extension, with the "Atlantic Axis" via the AP-9.
- Three possible airports within a radius of 1.5 hours by road.
- Port of Mirasol in Ribadeo about 25 minutes away.
- Bus station, taxi licences and FEVE 25 minutes away in Foz.